Pages

11.30.2010

Since The Dawn of Paintbrush

Jeff and I first met in London in the winter of 2002.  It was a simpler time; post-9-11 paranoia was in its infancy and Britney Spears was in her prime.  The British pound was nearly two American dollars, and I had $500 a month to spend on food and booze basic necessities.

When Jeff and I were feeling exceptionally poor, we discovered the joys of Paintbrush on our computers as free entertainment.  Nearly all of my drawings from back then succumbed to the viruses brought on by illegally downloading Britney songs critically-acclaimed, thought-provoking music.

But wait!  Jeff has uncovered a treasure trove of his amazing work from this period and I am thrilled to be able to share it with you.  It all started with a visit to the Natural History Museum...

This is a primitive piece depicting us being chased by a T-Rex.  I am wearing a cute corduroy skirt and look extra sassy!



Jeff's work refined itself quickly with a visit from his friend Linda, who is featured in these two pieces of the three of us in space.




Before long, we were hanging out with the Scoobies, chasing ghosts and solving mysteries!



And riding on pigs!



We entered a psychedelic period and discovered how much more fun life would be on roller skates.




One day I walked in on Jeff alone in his room, naked as a jay bird, sitting in front of his computer, doing God knows what.  It inspired me to draw this.




Finally, Jeff's piece de resistance can be seen below: all eight members of our flat at the discotheque.  This took him 42 hours.




Jeff is our very special friend.




Here's a (real) picture of him grooming himself.  



3 comments:

  1. is that picture from our little waa waa room in GRANVILLE!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's the cutest. I want to marry him, even though he wouldn't have me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is totally the first kappa formal we went to!

    ReplyDelete