Pages

9.16.2010

Hooligans

I am super nervous excited for Derrick because he recently joined the rugby club at his business school.  As far as I know, he's played soccer and football before, but never rugby.  I have always heard from Chris M. that soccer is a gentleman's game played by hooligans and rugby is a hooligan's game played by gentlemen, but I think perhaps rugby is a hooligan's game played by hooligans.

Derrick came home last night kind of drunk verbally expressing the importance of being one of the last men standing.  Before stumbling out for a bit of Chinese food action, he told me about a few of the odd drinking rules to which the team adheres.  For example, if you don't touch your beer for 10 seconds, anyone can grab it from you and chug it, and then they sing a ye olde songe!  I must say, I do love the whimsical Englishness of it all, but I worry about Derrick's precious nose and teeth during all the bar-hopping rugby-playing.

I look forward to meeting some of these hooligans, and hearing about the girls they've nailed.  Do you think they'll be more like this ...


























... or like this?

Image Courtesy

No comments:

Post a Comment