Pages

9.10.2010

Puh-Leeze.

Gwyneth Paltrow playing a country singer is totally believable.  Just watching the trailer, I am mezmerized by her and have totally forgotten that she is private school-educated, Upper East Side penthouse-raised, rich/famous parent-having, fake British accent-having, I'm Better Than You-thinking Gwyneth Paltrow!   

Randy H. writes: "She at least should have put her fat suit from Shallow Hal back on so I'd kind of forget it was her. This feels like contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race starring in a musical based on All About Eve. Except that was this, and she still couldn't have done it.  That said, this clearly promises as many rewards as True Blood and I cannot wait for it."

At least this movie can rely on the realism of Texas prison-birthed Leighton Meester.  Ironic that she's most famous for portraying private school-educated, Upper East Side-raised, rich/famous parent-having, I'm Better Than You-thinking girl on a show I've already mentioned once today.  If I do it again I'll have to give it its own category.

This movie makes a mockery of country music, which has a tendency to make a mockery of itself from time to time without even trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment